Monday, November 22, 2010

Opening Day

Saturday was opening day of gun season in the great state of Mississippi. To many people, opening day is considered a legal holiday! This is the day all hunters have prepared and prayed for... Bragging rights! We all hope for a wall-worthy buck to come into shooting range. It's an exciting day for all hunters.
My sister and I are daughters of a (now retired) game warden. We started hunting at a young age. I am so grateful to my daddy for guiding us so early. I enjoy my time in the woods immensely. I learned early to pick and choose what I kill. I don't shoot at everything that walks out. I normally wait for a good buck to walk out. I am thankful that I get to hunt with my daddy and my sister! Daddy was with me when I killed several of my deer. I got to be with Jordan when she killed her first buck last year! It's been amazing!
This past Saturday was a great opening day as well! Daddy has set up a hunting camp in Red Lick, MS. We had the best time! Between the 2 of us, we saw 18 deer. Didn't bag any! :( a lot of our family came to the camp and we spent the day shootin' the bull! Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment